So a funny thing happened…
…I sort of forgot I have a blog. i’m sure you missed it.
a lot has happened since I last posted…let’s catch up:
1) I graduated from MSU (yes I have since used my student id to save $.50 at a movie theater…bruno was stupid by the way)
2) I was hired full time at the ol’ sumc with the title “Media Coordinator and Modern Worship Leader” which basically means I’m going to coordinate media and lead modern worship. I am amazingly blessed with this opportunity and extremely thankful to be employed, especially by such great people.
3) I turned the empty room in my house to a home office/studio which has caused productivity to SKYROCKET.
4) I’ve been reading more (currently: The Irresistible Revolution and Watchmen)
5) I bought a mower and mowed the grass like twice.
That should be all. I’ve been blessed with having quite a bit of work to do. Currently we’re working on recording our first in-house cd at the church. It’s going to be great - more on that later. Also we’ve been experimenting with the layout of the platform in our 50 year old sanctuary along with making videos and writing music. Again, more later.
Tonight, however, I’m going to share with you a video from my final production class at MSU. The assignment was to make a music video, so we put this thing together. The scruffy wannabe in this is my good friend Brian (whom if you are reading this blog I’m sure you are familiar with (that interjection made no sense)). Brian also plays in the worship bands at Schweitzer and he’s a generally all around good guy. Too bad he isn’t talented. Also there is a cameo appearance (redundant?) of someone you may or may not recognize.
Anyway, props to Chris Wright for editing this bad boy and Matt P. for working on it as well. Enjoy. More to come. -zak